The Friendship Inn is hiring for the position of Food Services Manager. To apply for this position please email your cover letter and resume with 3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org by November 27, 2019. . We encourage all qualified applicants to apply, however, only those under consideration will be contacted for an interview.
Food Services Manager
The Food Services Manager is responsible to provide supervision and support to ensure that the daily Free Meal Service and Bagged Lunch Programs of the Friendship Inn is effectively run. Working primarily on weekends, they provide sole management, and are responsible for the effective running of all food programs and leadership of staff.
The Food Services Manager reports directly to the Operations Manager, and will work closely with the Head Cook to ensure that all aspects of the food program is effectively run.
- Adheres to the Mission Statement of the Inn
- Working with the Head Cook, supervises and coordinates culinary related activities for the Free Meal Service and Bagged Lunch programs
- Sole management of the Meal Programs and building on the weekend, ensuring that guests are served in a hospitable and efficient manner
- Receives food and other donations from the public
- Supervises and orients volunteers and Fine Options participants for their specific roles
- Ensures that the company Health & Safety Policy is met at all times
- Ensures stock is appropriately sorted, secured and rotated; no loss of stock
- Ensures food storage and labeling are maintained and up to date
- Ensures the kitchen uniform and personal hygiene requirements are adhered to
- Ensures that a positive and safe environment for guests is maintained
- Promotes a positive perception of the Inn at all times both internally & externally
- Attends staff meetings
Key Competencies and Personal Attributes
- Trustworthy, exercises good judgement
- Works collaboratively and independently to deal with problems and opportunities
- Personable, effective engagement with donors and the general public
- Deals with any guest concerns in an effective and safe manner
- Leads by example, setting the pace and standard with compassion and caring
- 3 – 5 years Supervisory or Management experience
- Cooking experience
- Food Safety Certificate
- CPR First Aide
- Current driver’s license
This position is a 0.6FTE with potential to grow.
Wage is commensurate with training and experience.
Respond to email@example.com with cover letter, resume and 3 references.
Application Deadline: November 27, 2019
Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada to be considered for the position. The Saskatoon Friendship Inn strives to be an employer of choice, offering a working environment that values diversity, team work and professional development. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply, however, only those under consideration will be contacted for an interview.