The Friendship Inn is looking for an Operational Manager to join our team. To apply for this position forward your resume with cover letter and 3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org by October 18, 2019. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply, however, only those under consideration will be contacted for an interview.
Operations Manager Job Description
The Operations Manager is responsible for ensuring that the daily Free Meal Service of the Friendship Inn is effectively run. This involves management and oversight of the human resources, food resources, supplies, equipment and building maintenance required to do so.
The Operations Manager reports directly to the Executive Director, and will work closely with the Office Manager where human resources and budgetary responsibilities intersect.
- Adheres to the Mission Statement of the Inn
- Ensures all aspects of the Free Meal Service and Bagged Lunch Programs are running smoothly
- Ensures that a positive and safe environment for guests is maintained, with guest rules and policies effectively and consistently adhered to
- Provides leadership and management of staff, including: scheduling, orientation, coaching and on-going training, and evaluation
- Assists ED with hiring, formal disciplinary communications and terminations
- Ensures that both Staff and Operational Policy Manuals are adhered to
- Provides oversight/management of resources, including: flow of food, ordering supplies, managing inventory, rotation of stock (food labelling), and securing of stock
- Maintains relationships with grocers, businesses and regular donors of surplus foods
- Provides oversight/management of Building operations, including: kitchen equipment, van, grounds and tenant concerns (CWL)
- Provides oversight/management of Occupational Health & Safety policies and procedures, including: security system, fire plan, sanitation and safety of kitchen operations, and staff safety and training (CPR First Aide, De-escalating Violence, Naloxone, etc.)
- Ensures that all Food Safety Regulations, and Public Eating Establishment Standards are met
- Supports Volunteer Coordinator, Kitchen Manager and Head Cook with orienting volunteers and Fine Options participants
- Works closely with Executive Director and Office Manager to plan and monitor budgetary needs of the Free Meal Service and Bagged Lunch programs
- Promotes a positive perception of the Inn at all times both internally & externally
- Attends management team meetings
Key Competencies and Personal Attributes
- Proven leadership and team-building ability, inspiring and motivating team to achieve daily tasks
- Leads by example, setting the pace and standards with compassion and caring
- Problem-solving and conflict resolution skills and the ability to practice good decision-making, especially under pressure
- Strong systems development and management skills
- Effective at organization and administration, managing the bigger picture with the necessary attention to detail
- Effective oral and written communications skills
- Ability to take initiative and work independently, as well as the ability to work in a team environment with a diverse group of individuals – including staff, volunteers and the broader community
Education and Experience
- Certificate, diploma or degree in business management or related field, with at least 5 – 7 years of management or leadership experience
- Proficient in computer software applications – Microsoft Office programs
- CPR First Aide, Food Safety and culinary experience would be considered an asset, but not required
- Ability to work flexible hours if required (including some weekend work)
- Current driver’s license
- The successful candidate shall be required to provide a satisfactory Criminal Record Check, including a vulnerable sector query as a condition of employment.
This position is a 1.0FTE. Salary is commensurate with training and experience.
Respond to email@example.com with cover letter, resume and 3 references. Application Deadline: October 18, 2019
Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada to be considered for the position. The Saskatoon Friendship Inn strives to be an employer of choice, offering a working environment that values diversity, team work and professional development. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply, however, only those under consideration will be contacted for an interview.